Everyone who comes to the United Kingdom wants to know whether they can bring their family to the UK. The answer is YES , you can bring.  Your family members (‘dependents’) can come with you when you come to the UK on your visa, but they need money to support themselves.  You cannot bring anyone else to the UK.

A ‘dependent’ is any of the following:

  • your husband, wife or married partner

  • your child under 18

Important Update: From now on, your partner child/ children should have a specified amount of money. With this, they have to support themselves while they are staying in the UK. This is necessary while applying for a dependent visa to the UK.

Your dependents can travel with you when you come to the UK or at any time after that. Since you are coming to the UK as a pre-registered nurse most of the employers recommend bringing your family after passing the OSCE examination or maybe a few months after you arrive. This is to promote a safe settlement.


What are the Costs Involved?


  • Visa Application fee for each dependent: £238

  • Flight ticket for each dependent is £600 approximately.

Essential Costs that you or your partner of your child will require to support themselves:

  • £285 for your partner

  • £315 for one child

  • £200 for each additional child

Detailed Explanation:

  • While in the UK, you or your partner or child will have to keep a monetary balance of £600, so that you can bring along your partner and one child to the UK (this includes £285 for your partner and £315 for one child).

  • Also, you have to make available £1.270 in order to support yourself for your own application.

  • You or your partner or your child should have the money available for a minimum of 28 days at least in one row.

  • Your Day 28 should be within the 31 days of you or them applying for this dependent visa.

  • This proof of this money will have to be shown when you apply for the visa.

Other Costs to consider:

  • Travel expenses from the Airport to the Accommodation

  • Accommodation - one month's rent advance

  • Accommodation - one month's rent deposit

  • Living costs


Dependents rights: 
Your spouse will have all the rights to live and work in the UK. They will have all the rights to do any job in the UK. Your dependent children can have free education in the UK.


Documents required for a dependent visa application:


  • Passport

  • Tuberculosis test report (not applicable for all nationalities) 

  • Police clearance check from all the countries they lived

  • Birth Certificate (Children)

  • Marriage Certificate (married partners)

  • Accommodation proof in the UK (Tenancy Agreement)

  • Employment confirmation letter from your Employer or COS.

Your employer is a rated sponsor who will certify the maintenance fund for your dependents. Therefore you will be exempted to have a personal saving statement. Please note you will not have any recourse in the public funds and it's your responsibility to meet the cost of their stay in the UK. You can find detailed information on bringing your family to the UK on this link: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members.

This is to make you aware, children under 12 are not allowed to be left alone at home when you are at work or outside. This is an offence in the UK. Further information you can be found on the link below: https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone

Envertiz is partnering with VISA ROOTS to support you in your visa application. You can reach them directly via email visa@visaroots.in for visa application support.