top of page
Patient and Nurse

Work Permit​

It is one of the most popular immigration destinations in the world for those who want to live and work in a new country as well as establish a new life there after they have arrived. In many situations, you will be required to apply through the United Kingdom's tier points-based visa system, which evaluates applicants against a variety of factors in order to determine their eligibility for a work or study visa in the United Kingdom. The skilled migrant visa is intended for 'skilled workers' from outside the European Economic Area who have been offered a position in the United Kingdom by a Tier 2 Sponsor. This visa also applies to skilled workers whose occupations are listed on the shortage occupations list of the United Kingdom, such as registered nurses.

nursing recruitment agency to uk
dependant visa
  • Family members (‘dependants’) can accompany when the applicant come to the UK on this visa.

  • Family members must have a visa if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

  • A ‘dependant’ is any of the following:

  • Husband, wife or partner

  • Child under the age of 18

  • Child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant

  • Proof to establish that the dependants can be supported by the applicant while they’re in the UK.

  • Each dependant must have £630 available to them whether they apply with you or separately. This is in addition to the funds you must have to support yourself.

  • Proof of money and that it’s been in the applicant or the dependant’s bank account for at least 90 days before visa application.

What am I not permitted to do in the United Kingdom on a Dependent Visa?

  • Use the public funds and benefits.

  • Work as a dentist/doctor in training, or as a sportsperson.

  • Study in a restricted study field.

nursing recruitment agency to uk

Work as a dependant

  • The Dependent Visa category enables the dependents of a person who is a permanent resident or UK citizen to apply to join them in the UK. This type of application typically applies to family and children.

  • A dependant is able to work in the UK except:

  • They cannot work as a professional sportsperson, which includes a sports coach.

  • They cannot work as a doctor or dentist in training unless they have a degree in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution or have previously been granted a UK visa that did not restrict their employment as a doctor or dentist in training and were employed as such during that period.

  • The UK has typically been a popular place for jobs, with a good economy and many big cities hosting big employers.

  • The best and most effective way to find a role is by using job portals, Strong Social network, Recruitment Agency, Newspaper, Company websites.

  • Indeed, Monster, Total jobs, reed are familiar websites to target for a suitable opportunity.

If dependant spouse is highly skilled and secure sponsors through an eligible licenced employer, please be aware that they will not be able to 'switch' to a skilled migrant visa by staying in the UK. To apply for the new status, your dependent must return home and file a new application.

For more information’s:

  • Passport

  • Tuberculosis test report (not applicable for all nationalities)

  • Police clearance check from all the countries (if the duration of stay is over 1 year)

  • Birth Certificate (Children)

  • Marriage Certificate (married partners)

  • Accommodation proof in the UK (Tenancy Agreement)

  • Employment confirmation letter from your Employer or COS

  • Your employer is a rated sponsor who will certify the maintenance fund for your dependents. Therefore, you will be exempted to have a personal saving statement.

  • For More information: Please contact Visa Roots. Visa Roots is a subsidiary of Envertiz Consultancy for UK visa applications. You can contact them through email:  or visit website  

bottom of page